The 40mm f/2.8G AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor Lens from Nikon is a superb carry-it-everywhere, jack-of-all-trades lens for your Nikon DX camera. The focal length (equivalent to 60mm in FX or 35mm format) gives it the versatility to capture portraits, street shots and landscape photos without breaking a sweat. And the light weight (9.9 oz/280 g) means you’ll actually carry it around with you, greatly increasing the chance that you’ll get a great photo.
Continuous quiet autofocus from infinity to 6.4 inches, and quick switching from autofocus to manual focus and back will keep you from missing any photo opportunities. The 7-blade diaphragm delivers a lovely, natural-looking background blur (known as bokeh), and Nikon’s lens coating gives you reduced lens flare and improved color consistency. Take a close look at this lens–it could be your new best photo friend.
- Compact and Lightweight DX-Format Close-Up Lens
- Small enough to be carried everywhere, this standard focal length DX-format Micro-Nikkor lens provides high resolution and contrast from infinity to life-size (1X). The AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G is for taking high quality stills and HD D-Movies and is ideal for shooting general close-ups, delicate flowers, detailed collectables, copy photography, portraits, landscapes and more.
- Sharp Images from Infinity to Life-Size (1X)
- This standard close-up lens captures the finest details at any distance, including details practically impossible to detect with the human eye (at 1X magnification). It’s a great choice for enticing food photography or detailed product shots. And with its continuous autofocusing from infinity to 6.4 inches (life-size/1X), the AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G ensures sharpness and clarity in every composition.
- Stunning Portraits and Landscapes, Too
- The AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G is compact, lightweight and versatile enough for everyday photography, including flattering people shots and breathtaking landscapes, so you get brilliant results in most situations without switching lenses.
- Natural Background Blur (Bokeh)
- Whether you’re shooting portraits, food or nature-indoors or outdoors-the AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G’s rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a beautiful, natural background blur (Bokeh) at its wider aperture settings. Selective focus helps to isolate the subject, creating out of focus backgrounds.
- Superior Close-Range Focusing
- The Close-Range Correction system is one of Nikon’s most important focusing innovations. Using an innovative floating element design, each lens group moves independently to achieve superior performance at close distances.
- Quiet Autofocus
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Quick Switching from AF to MF
- When fine manual focusing is needed, simply rotate the lens focus ring-M/A mode allows you to seamlessly override the AF system with virtually no time lag.
- Reduce Lens Flare and Ghosting
- Nikon’s Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced lens flare.