Kit w/ 18-55mm STM Lens: $899.95,
Body Only: $749.95,
(Before Sales & Instant Savings Promotions)
- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- UHD 4K24p Video, Vertical Video Support
- 45-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye Detection
- ISO 100-25600, Up to 7 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
Designed for first-time shooters, but capable enough for advanced imaging tasks, the Canon EOS Rebel T8i is a versatile DSLR with well-rounded photo and video capabilities. Featuring a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording are supported, along with a wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Benefitting the imaging attributes, the sensor’s design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance when recording movies or shooting stills in live view. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 45-point all cross-type phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios.
The physical design incorporates a 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high, low, and even front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 8 Image Processor
45-Point All Cross-Type AF and Dual Pixel CMOS AF Systems
Benefitting stills shooting with the optical viewfinder, a wide-area 45-point all cross-type phase-detection autofocus system provides quick and precise focusing in difficult lighting conditions. The cross-type design of the sensors affords greater accuracy in low-contrast and mixed lighting conditions, and the broad coverage of the 45 sensors is ideal for tracking and maintaining focus on moving subjects. Additionally, EOS iTR AF also prioritizes detected faces in a scene in order to maintain accurate focus during portrait shooting.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be employed to prioritize focus on a recognized subject’s eye. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system’s ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
UHD 4K Video Recording
Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- Large 3.0″ 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
Other Camera Features
- A 220,000-pixel AE metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.