This Manfrotto 496 Center Ball Head features an integrated RC2 quick release cam lock and a 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate. Compatible quick release plates can be removed from the head by pulling the cam lock’s spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent a compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The 496 Center Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Plate has a load capacity of 22 lb and can be attached to tripods or other support systems that feature a 3/8″-16 mount. By loosening the head’s primary locking knob, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. A recessed dial set within that locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint’s movements. Along the opposite side of the ball head, a secondary locking knob controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4″-20 mount can be connected to the 200PL-PRO quick release plate, as well as 3/8″-16 threads via an included bushing adapter. The plate is also compatible with separately available tripod heads that feature an Arca-type clamp.
496 Center Ball Head
- 22 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8″-16 mount
- Uses ball-and-socket joint to help maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Integrated RC2 quick release cam lock
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control dial for the ball-and-socket joint’s movements
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction